Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Let's start over, shall we?

Some of you know me as a photographer/graphic designer.

Some of you know me as a musician.

Still others know me as...well, we don't have to go THERE.

Most of you who have visited my website know that I haven't updated my blog very often, and shame on me for gross neglect, even though I don't think I had many readers anyway. :)

So, although I let my regular photo website expire (because I'm basically semi-retired from the wedding photo business), I thought I'd start fresh by posting a few things here just in case anyone gave a sh...I mean, read it much.

So, I think I'll concentrate on whatever pops into my head and see if anyone's paying attention.

Mostly I'll be writing about my past adventures on the music scene, or rants about this or that, or where I might be playing music lately, or my disjointed opinions about assorted issues.

First off, I play drums in a rock n' roll band called
Crash Landing. I've been playing drums since I was 13, guitar since about 14. I got my first taste of playing music in front of people at about 16. I've been addicted to the stage ever since. I don't think I've gone more than a month or two without being involved in some type of music project.

I also have been involved in an Oldies band called
Faded Youth. I'm trying to wean myself to just one main project, but it ain't easy.

You see, I'm a dirty, rotten whore when it comes to music, just without the lipstick and fishnet hose, haha.

My wife says music is my mistress. If the phone rings, and someone offers a casual gig for me to play, I can't resist. I don't care what style of music, I can usually B.S. my way through any kind of gig, and I like those impromptu things, because they make me THINK.

I'm married to Jennifer, my best friend and severist critic. She keeps me grounded while encouraging my freedom to express myself with whatever project/crazy scheme/idiot pursuit I may have at the time. She and I have a son, Miles, who will be five at the end of October (who says old guys can't have kids?), and I have three other grown-up sons, James, Levi and Adam. More about all of them later.

I think about a lot of things. Music, religion, kids, politics, food, plump girls, all kinds of stuff. I'll post lots of junk, plus random photos, of cool but possibly meaningless crap, if I think anyone is reading, so leave comments if you get through all this. Maybe I'll become the Andy Rooney of the internet, who knows? Ehhh...forget that part. I'm not that grouchy.

I guess I've rambled enough, so I'll close with something my wife said that I try to think about when the struggle gets to me:

"Your dreams, minus your fears, equal your reality."

Dude....that's heavy.

No comments: